airpods serial number check

AirPods are now common audio devices for iPhone and non iPhone users because of AirPods’s reliability and it is very user-friendly. It is more important if the user is in Apple’s EcoSystem. Airpods serial number is important to check if the gadget is genuine or not and start a warranty. You are looking for a trick that shows you how to find the serial number of AirPods through your iPhone, you’re on the right page. Here we listed three method to Check your airpods serial number to verify it is genuine or not.

The serial number of AirPods is printed inside the charging case. In some cases the serial number of AirPods may have disappeared due to some dust particles and sometimes is not readable. But however, if the serial number is too small to read or has worn off, we’ll explain how to find it in settings as well as a third option. This method is very easy and every user can do it by themselves.

How to check the serial number of your AirPods

Inside the charging case

  1. Flip open the lid of your AirPods charging case
  2. Look for the serial number on the inside of the lid where the left AirPod sits as shown below
airpods serial number check

Settings on your iPhone

  1. If you’re having trouble reading the serial number on the charging case, open Settings on your iPhone
  2. Make sure your AirPods are connected
  3. Now navigate to General → About → AirPods which is at the bottom (AirPods will only show up if they are actively connected to your iPhone)
airpods serial number check

There is a 99.99% probability that you will find the serial number of your AirPods through this method, but if you’re even in the 0.01% then you can find the number through the box of the AirPods. If you still can’t find the serial number then maybe your AirPods is not genuine.

You can contact to Apple Support if you’re still not able to track down your AirPods’ serial number.

How to claim warranty of AirPods ?

If you purchase AirPods recently then you must to claim your gadget warranty from Apple’s website. It is important because without you can’t claim any warranty from Apple side.

Claim warranty of Airpods
  • If website shows that “Purchase date is not valid”, it means you can claim warranty.
Claim warranty of airpods
  • If website shows some warranty information that means warranty is already claimed.
  • Click on Update Purchase Date
  • Website will ask your Apple Id, enter it.
airpods serial number check
  • Then Enter purchase date of Airpods. You can enter any date even today’s date
airpods serial number check
  • Yes, you’re good to go.

1 Comment