Today, OnePlus released a new update for Android 11 in-terms of developer preview for OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro, it is the 2nd update for developers. This build is not a beta version that means you’re a developer then you can try this. Normal users also can try this out, but we can’t recommend that type of user. Developer Preview contains lots-of bugs and issues and that may break your device’s entire system, and that is a reason behind our recommendation.
In the previous build there were many major bugs and issues available and now this time OnePlus has tried to solve this. They also listed known issues in their forum. If you haven’t experienced any developer built then you shouldn’t go for this, because it may be tough if you want to revert back to Android 10. If you have any of OnePlus 8 or OnePlus 8 Pro, you can try this new Android 11 Developer Preview update.
Even if you haven’t experienced flashing the ROM then it is not for you. Even after this you’re interested in developer preview 2 we will suggest some steps to install it. The process of installation may brick your entire phone, so consider this issue seriously.
Android 11 DP 2 Known Issues:
- Your data will be cleared after flashing this build. (Take a backup)
- Issues in some Camera functions
- Some Apps may not runs as expectation
- UI Screens look less than desirable.
- System is not stable enough
During this installation process your data will be loose, so backup your data for safety purposes. This update is only for OnePlus 8 Series, don’t try this on other OnePlus devices or any other devices. Make sure that you have more than 30-40% of battery life, if you haven’t then charge your device. You must have enough storage space available for installation around 3 to 4 GB.
This Developer Preview is not for the TMO/VZW carrier, according to OnePlus this carrier device is not compatible for this build. If you’re on a stable build (Android 10) then you should follow the below steps to install developer build.
How to install Android 11 Developer Preview 2 on OnePlus 8 Series
- Download the complete ROM file and move it to device Root directory.
- Then go-to Setting > System > System Updates
- Then click on gear icon that present on right top corner
- Select Local upgrade
- Select the Zip file which you downloaded
- Wait for installation
- Click on Restart. It will take some time after Restart, so wait for some time until your device will completely on.
- Yes, you have successfully installed Android 11.